Please direct any media enquiries to Rachel Hansen. We love to spread the word about what we are doing, and here are some of the things that people have been saying about Freedom Kids:
- 19/06/18: Wairarapa Times Age, Tot Steals the Spotlight
- 15/06/18: Stuff, It's time working parents stopped apologising for having children
- 10/03/18 The Spinoff, The gender-neutral clothes freeing kids from stereotypes
- 05/6/18: NZ Retail Magazine, featured in an article about successful businesses outside of the main centres. (print magazine)
- 05/06/18: NZ Retail Magazine, announced as winner of the Judge's Choice, 'Hottest eCommerce Concept 2018' (print magazine)
- 08/06/18: The Register, profile photo and announced as winner of the Judge's Choice, 'Hottest eCommerce Concept 2018'
- 26/03/18 TVNZ Breakfast: Interview about gender and clothing, can be viewed on TVNZ's Facebook page and YouTube.
- 23/03/18 Named in the "We can't get enough of..." list in the Dominion Post weekend magazine
- 18/12/17 Idealog's Most Creative: Freedom Kids' Rachel Hansen
- 01/02/16: Editorial in Next magazine, the text of the article can be viewed here.
- 12/11/15 Radio NZ Interview: "Gendered clothes are part and parcel of a child's upbringing now - and if you're a parent of small children, you'll be only too familiar with the swathes of frilly, sparkly pink and purple clothes on offer for little girls - and the muted blue, grey and green truck and digger tops for boys. Mother of two, Rachel Hansen, was so frustrated by such marketing and stereotypes that she decided to set up a gender-neutral kids clothing company, Freedom Kids". Listen to the audio interview with Jesse Mulligan here.
- 12/10/15 The Register, Freedom Kids wants children to wear whatever they like
- 10/11/15 New Zealand Herald & Wairarapa Times, Giving all kids a choice with colourful clothes
- 07/10/15 Emily Writes, Let kids be kids
- 05/08/15 'Disrobing the Trojan Horse'- feature article in Play Unlimited